Normally i make rotis for dinner .But when I attempted to make paratha first time ,we all like it and now a days i make paratas twice a week. And i make stuffings out of vegetables of my choice.My daughter loves to have it for lunch .
The stuffing of panner and carrot in parata i learnt from my friend .But she makes it in a different way. I altered the recipe to suit the taste of my family. Try out this easy Paneer paratha at home.
Check out my other paratha recipes.
Paneer and carrot paratha
Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Makes: 8 parathas
Wheat flour 2 cups
Paneer cubes 1/4 cup
Green chili 2
Coriander leaves few
Cumin seed| jeeragam 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/8 tsp
Lemon juice few drops
Salt as needed
Water to knead the dough
Oil | butter to cook the parathas
- Grate the carrots and finely chop the onions. Put the paneer in hot water for 10 mins . Drain the water and crumble them with hands. Cut the green chilly into fine pieces.Chop the coriander leaves also.
- In a kadai,add a tsp of oil and put the jeeragam. Then add the green chilli,onions,carrots,and the crumbled panner. Saute for 3-5 mins.
- Add the turmeric powder,salt as needed and finallyadd the chopped coriander leaves .
- Allow the mixture to cool. Add the lemon juice to it and mix well. Knead the wheat flour into a soft pilable dough.
- Take a big lemon sized ball of the dough, roll it into a small circle. Place the stuffing on that circle.
- Close the circle like this.
- Roll it carefully into thick parathas .If u want your parathas to be big and little bit thin roll it till u get the desired size.
- Heat the tawa and put the paratha on it and do in the same way as you do for chapatis. Drizzle oil on the top of it and cook till golden brown.
- Severe hot with curd or any raitha.
- We had with boondi raita and store bought pickle.