Carrot paneer paratha, a popular Indian flat bread stuffed with paneer. I have added carrot also to make it healthier. Normally i make rotis for dinner .But when I attempted to make paratha first time ,we all like it and now a days i make paratas twice a week.
The stuffing of panner and carrot in parata i learnt from my friend .But she makes it in a different way. I altered the recipe to suit the taste of my family. Try out this easy Paneer paratha at home.
Check out my other paratha recipes.
The recipe is updated with video.
Paneer and carrot paratha
Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Makes: 5 parathas
Wheat flour 1 cup
Paneer cubes 1/2 cup
Green chili 2
Coriander leaves few
Cumin seed| jeeragam 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder | dhaniya powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice few drops
Salt as needed
Water to knead the dough
Oil | butter to cook the parathas
Video of Paneer paratha
- Grate the carrots and finely chop the onions. Put the paneer in hot water for 10 mins . Drain the water and crumble them with hands. Cut the green chilly into fine pieces.Chop the coriander leaves also.
- In a wide bowl add the wheat flour and add salt.
- Add water little by little and make a soft dough. Add little oil to this and coat nicely.
- Cover it and keep it aside.
- In a pan ,add 2 tsp of oil and put the cumin seeds. Then add the onions and cook for a minute.
- Add the grated paneer now.
- Add grated carrot and finely chopped coriander and green chili.
- Add the garam masala, salt and coriander powder.
- Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and add the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Allow this to completely cool.
- Make equal big lemon sized dough out of the dough.
- Take a big lemon sized ball of the dough and dust this with dry flour.
- Roll it into a small circle. Place 1 and 1/2 tblsp of paneer mixture in that circle.
- Bring the edges together and seal it.
- Roll it gently into thick parathas .If u want your parathas to be big and little bit thin roll it till u get the desired size.
- Heat the tawa | pan and put the paratha on it and do in the same way as you do for chapatis.
- Cook on both sides.
- Drizzle oil on the top of it and cook till golden brown.
- Severe hot with curd or any raitha.
- We had with boondi raita and store bought pickle.