Thengai Thogaiyal | Coconut thogaiyal is a very simple dish which can be made in no time and i mom makes this very nice and yummy. she makes it very spicy and since my family doesn’t prefer much spice,i made it according to their taste. Whenever my friend's visit my house or when we do potlucks, i am always asked to make this thengai thogayal.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 10 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Grated Coconut 3/4 cup
Red chili 6-7
Urad dal 3 tblsp
Asafoetida a generous pinch
Tamarind a small piece
Oil 2 tsp
Salt as needed
- Heat a kadai and fry the urad dhal and redchillies till golden brown.
- Add the asafoetida to this.
- Switch off the flame and add tamarind to it .
- Just saute it in the hot kadai along with the dal and chilli.
- Add the scrapped coconut to this.
- Allow it to cool and add salt.
- Grind it in the mixie by adding very little water.
- Enjoy with hot rice smeared with sesame oil or ghee .