Green peas is an easy and simple dish with minimum ingredients. This finds place in my kitchen once a week, especially when i get up late and run out of time. Generally i make cauliflower curry as an accompaniment for this. Will post the recipe of the curry in my next post. It is different from the Vegetable Pulao which i make usually.
Whenever i pack this for my daughter’s lunch box, i pack seperate box for her friends too, who loves this a lot.
|BASMATI RICE||1 CUP|
|GREEN PEAS||1/4 CUP|
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE||1/2 TSP|
|GREEN CHILLI||1 NO.(OPTIONAL)|
- Wash the rice and soak with 2 cups of water for 20 mins.
- In a kadai,put the ghee and oil and add the ginger garlic paste.
- Saute in a medium flame till the raw smell goes.
- If adding green chilli, slit it into two , and add at this stage
- Then add the soaked rice to it keeping the water aside.
- Fry for 5 mins.
- Transfer it to rice cooker/pressure cooker.
- I used the rice cooker.
- Add salt and the water and close the lid.
- When it is done ,add the frozen green peas to it.
- If not using the frozen one,just microwave the fresh peas for 5 mins with little water and by adding little salt to it.
- Adding peas in the end retain the green colur of the peas and will look very nice.