Whenever i pack this for my daughter’s lunch box, i pack seperate box for her friends too, who loves this a lot.
Peas pulao recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 6
Basmati rice 1 cup
Green peas 1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Green chili 1
Ghee 1 tsp
Oil 1 tsp
Salt as needed
- Wash the rice and soak with 1 and 1/4 cup of water for 20 mins.
- In a pan ,put the ghee and oil and add the ginger garlic paste.
- Saute in a medium flame till the raw smell goes.
- If adding green chilli, slit it into two , and add at this stage
- Then add the soaked rice to it keeping the water aside.
- Fry for 5 mins.
- Transfer it to rice cooker/pressure cooker.
- I used the rice cooker.
- Add salt and the water and close the lid.
- When it is done ,add the frozen green peas to it.
- If not using the frozen one,just microwave the fresh peas for 5 mins with little water and by adding little salt to it.
- Adding peas in the end retain the green colur of the peas and will look very nice.