This recipe i tried when i had guests during navaratri, and one of the friend in the group,does not take onion or garlic. I made rotis ,dal and this aloo gobi without adding onion,instead i added a bunch of coriander leaves and cumin seeds. Our guests enjoyed this a lot and my daughter who always hates onions loved this version a lot.
|SAMBAR POWDER||1 TSP|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||1 BUNCH|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
- Cut the cauliflower into big pieces.
- Boil the potato and peel the skin.
- Chop the coriander leaves very finely.
- Wash the cauliflower and microwave for 5 minutes.
- When it is done add the potato(cut into cubes) ,cumin seeds and coriander leaves to this .
- Heat a kadai and add the oil.
- Add the aloo, gobi,coriander and cumin seeds mixture to this and stir well.
- Add sambhar powder and salt as needed.
- Cook in medium heat for 7-9 mins.
- Serve with rotis/naan/rice.
- We had this time with hot steamed rice and Garlic rasam.