For the past one week it was raining heavily here and i am down with severe throat pain and headache. Today i wanted to make some some soup and i tried this soup from tarla dalal recipe book, and it came out very well. This soup was very filling and i didnt feel like having dinner after i had this yummy soup. According to the recipe the soup was made with masoor dal, since i have never used masoor dal , i dont have masoor dal at home. I replaced that with yellow moong dal.
|MOONG DAL||1/2 CUP|
|BIG ONION||3 NO|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|STEAMED RICE||1 TSP|
|LEMON JUICE||1/2 TBLSP|
- Soak moong dal in water for 10 mins.
- Cut the onion and tomatoes into big pieces.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and add the onions.
- Saute for 2 mins.
- Now add the tomatoes and garlic and saute for 2 mins.
- Now add the red chilli powder and salt to this.
- Add the moong dal now.
- Add 4 cups of water and pressure cook till 3 whistles.
- When it is done allow this to cool.
- Grind this in a mixie and bring it to a nice boil.
- Add lemon juice to this,after switching off the stove.
- Just add while serving.(This is Optional).