Cauliflower Rice is one of the my favorite recipe. Though i made this cauliflower rice many times for lunch box , i never had time to click the pictures on weekday mornings. Finally i made it on a day when my hubby came home for lunch and kids were also on holiday.
|CAUIFLOWER FLORETS||1/2 CUP|
|BASMATHI RICE||3/4 CUP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
- Wash the rise and soak it in 1 and half cup of water for half an hour.
- Pressure cook the rice by adding little salt and a drop of oil.
- When it is done allow it to cool in a broad vessel.
- Immerse the cauliflower florets in hot water for 5 seconds and take it out.
- Cut the onions into big pieces and sauté them till it turns pink.
- Allow it to cool and grind it to a smooth paste along with elachi,garlic,tomato and cloves.
- In a Kadai add oil and sauté the cauliflower by adding redchilli powder and salt to it.
- It took 15 mins for me to roast the cauliflower without adding much oil.
- When the cauliflowers are done keep it separately.
- In the Kadai add the ground macula and fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Keep it in a low flame while frying.
- Now add the cooked cauliflower florets to this. Mix well.
- Mix it well with rice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with any rather of your choice.