|BESAN/KADALAI MAAVU||1/2 CUP|
|RICE FLOUR||2 TBLSP|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|BAKING SODA||A PINCH(OPTIONAL)|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
- Combine the besan, rice flour, red chili powder , asafoetida and salt in a wide bowl.
- Add water to this and bring to a idli batter consistency. Add 2 tsp of hot oil to this. This is to ad crispiness to the outer layer and avoid the bajjis from drinking lot of oil.
- Peel the skin of the raw banana and cut them into thin slices like this.
- Heat a kadai and add the oil for deep frying.
- When the oil becomes hot, keep it in a medium flame.
- Dip the raw banana slices in the batter and immediately transfer it to the oil.
- When both sides becomes golden brown, take it out from the oil .
- Drain the excess oil in kitchen towel.
- Serve this hot with a cup of tea /filter coffee.
- Alternatively you can use any veggie of your choice like onion, potato,capsicum, ridge gourd, eggplant etc. for making bajjis.
- You can add 2 tblsp of idli/dosa batter to the bajji batter and this will enhance the taste of the bajji.
- Add hot oil to the bajji to enhance crispiness and to avoid the bajjis absorbing oil.
- Do not add baking soda than the amount mentioned.