Mango rice is an easy one to make and i can say this is a perfect lunch box menu. Recently i made this and my son who never tries any new food apart from usual rasam and curd rice, ate this and he relished this a lot. What else can make a mom happy. Here comes the recipe of the simple mango rice.
|COOKED RICE||1 CUP|
|GRATED MANGO||4 TBLSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|GREEN CHILLI||2 NO|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|URAD DAL||1/4 TSP|
|CHANNA DAL||1/4 TSP|
- Cook the rice and fluff it with a fork.
- Add a tsp of oil and half of the salt to this and allow this to cool.
- In a pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds, channa dal ,urad dal, peanuts, green chilli and curry leaves.
- Saute till the dal and peanuts turn golden brown.
- Put off the flame and add the turmeric powder and the remaining salt to this.
- Add the grated mango and the tempered mixture to the rice.
- Mix this nicely with rice.
- Yummy mango rice is ready to pack for lunch box.
- The addition of mango depends on the sourness of the mango.
- If it is very sour then reduce the quantity.
- Do not add the mango when the rice is very hot.
- Do not over cook or mash the rice.