|COOKED MOONG DAL||1 CUP|
|SAMBAR POWDER||1 AND 1/4 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|COCONUT OIL||2 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
- Cut the drumstick into small size (2 inches size)
- Cook this in a pan with a cup of water and add the sambar powder , turmeric powder and salt to this.
- Pressure cook 1/2 cup of moong dal with a pinch of turmeric.
- Grind the coconut and cumin seeds into fine paste adding little water.
- When the drumstick gets cooked , add the cooked moong dal and the ground coconut mixture to this.
- Mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Temper with mustard seeds ,asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Enjoy this with plain rice and papad.
- If you feel the gravy is little thin add a tsp of rice flour in water and mix without any lumps. Add this to the boiling kootu to make this to rech right consistency