|LEMON JUICE(SQUEEZED FROM FRESH LIME)||1 CUP|
|GINGER||A BIG PIECE|
- Peel the skin of the ginger and roughly chop it.
- Put sugar, water and ginger pieces in a vessel and boil till the sugar comes to one string consistency.
- Put off the flame, cover it and allow this to completely cool.
- Discard the ginger. Add a pinch of salt.
- Squeeze out lemon juice from fresh lemons.
- Filter this and add to the sugar syrup.
- This yields approximately 2 and 1/4 cup of syrup.
- Store this in a clean glass bottle.
- While serving add 1/4 portion of lemon syrup to 1 portion of water.
- Add a tblsp of extra syrup if you want more.
- Mint leaves can be added while serving and fresh lemon wedges can also be added while serving.
- Never add the lemon juice when the syrup is hot or warm.
- Do not squeeze out too much of juice from the lemon. This will give a bitter taste to the lemonade.
- This syrup if properly handled will stay good in refrigerator for 30 to 45 days