Celebrate this New year with Kulfi Ice cream and see you soon with more interesting recipes.
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Celebrate this New year with Kulfi Ice cream and see you soon with more interesting recipes.
Thursday, December 26, 2013
Yam | Sennai kizhangu |Elephant foot , is one among my favorite vegetable but unfortunately my kids and Suresh doesn't like this much and hence i don't make this at home. I have already posted a recipe of Yam Tawa Fry. Last week during my stay at my mom's place one of our childhood friend came to meet me and me, my friend and my sister had a super fun time, remembering our childhood memories. During our chatting session we were talking about the yam curry which my friend's mom used to make for us. We decided to make it the next day as my sister was also a big fan of yam and her kids and hubby were not!! Amma cooked for the meal and my sister made this yam curry and of course i assisted her by clicking pictures to share with you all.
Stay tuned for more interesting recipes.
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Chocolate Mousse recipe without eggs or gelatin, i wanted to try for a long time and finally i tried 2 weeks back at home as a dessert when i invited few kids after their exams got over. I made a kids meal which i will be posting this weekend. I made this Chocolate Mousse for dessert. All the kids enjoyed it very much. Make this easy dessert this Christmas. Wish all my readers a Merry Christmas.
See you soon with more interesting recipes soon. Right now i am staying in my mom's place and for the first time clicking from here. Making some new recipes from here, learning many new recipes from my mom and my mom's sisters who are here with me.
This recipe i have adapted from Here.
Sunday, December 22, 2013
Indo Chinese menu is always liked by everyone at my home. For a change with usual chapathis this indo chinese menu with fried rice, manchurian, spring rolls, biscuit pudding and Ice lemon Tea, this combo is always a super hit among my kids and guests. I made Spring rolls for starter. You can make Gobi Manchurian too. I made Spring rolls and put in a zip lock cover and kept in the freezer. I just fried before serving. Biscuit pudding also you can make ahead and keep it chilled the before day. Ice lemon tea can be made in the morning and kept in the refrigerator. Generally it is preferred to serve Ice lemon Tea if guests are coming for Lunch. Serve it before 7 if they are coming for dinner.
Thursday, December 19, 2013
Bread Sandwich |Vegetable Sandwich , though everyone have their own versions, i tasted this version in Kailash Parbhat in Singapore. When me and Raji visited Kailash Parbhat during our Diwali shopping time i ordered the this Bread sandwich which they "College Girl Sandwich". though i have sandwich maker i made it in tawa so that it will be easy for all who do not own a sandwich maker.
I have been postponing to post this as i am not happy with the pictures which were took on a rainy day noon. I don't have time to re click but sometimes i feel if the recipes turn out fantastic and if the pictures are not satisfactory as i expected i some how manage to make it up and post. I don't want my readers to miss out some yummy recipes. I am enjoying my vacation in Chennai and have very little time to spend on Blogging. So please bear with any delay in replying query. Over to Vegetable Bread Sandwich recipe.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Pizza , the name itself makes the mouth water for almost all of us. Though we know it is high in calorie we still enjoy pizza and especially kids love pizza the most. All the time it is not economical to buy pizza for them at Pizza outlets and not good for health too. This tortilla pizza is the easiest way of making pizza. If you have ready made tortilla at home just go ahead and make this pizza. Even you can make this with left over Chapathi too. I made in Oven and 2 days back i tried this tortilla pizza in tawa too. It turned out well. so even if you don't have oven at home also you can still make this pizza.
Saturday, December 14, 2013
Whenever i call anybody for dinner i generally make a north Indian meal as it is liked by everyone . Generally i make the dessert the previous day . If making rotis i make the dough in the afternoon after lunch and will make all the dishes and roll the rotis in the last. Last week when the exams got over for kids and the school holidays started. As we all are in a relaxed mood and it was raining badly i planned to prepare an elaborate meal for dinner. I had soaked Channa in the morning as my son wanted Poori with Chole for Dinner. I made poori only for him and for the rest of us i made Roti.
We are going to India for 2 weeks and i will be posting the rest of the posts for this month from Chennai, for the first time. Generally i schedule posts, before vacation. I couldn't make it this time. I am prepared with my clicks and posts will come as usual.
Here is what i made on a rainy day for dinner. Click on the links below to see the recipes.
See you all with an interesting Guest Series in the coming week.
Friday, December 13, 2013
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Samosas, generally we order as a tea time snack or as a starter for birthday parties . I have never attempted to make this at home as i always felt it is time consuming. My friend's mom makes delicious Onion samosas , which she makes for all of us whenever she visits her daughter. when she came 2 weeks back to Singapore i have decided to go to her place and learn how to make samosa. I made the potato filling for samosa and made the dough too at home and took to her place. Aunty very patiently taught me how to make samosa and i clicked the step wise pictures and i too learnt the process of making samosas. Though the process may seem bit laborious but actually it is not and you will end up getting super tasty samosas. Unlike the punjabi samosas this one is quite light and not too heavy to eat.
Go ahead and make you own filling for the samosa. I will post some samosa recipes with other filling too later. Will post a video also soon.
Monday, December 9, 2013
Homemade garam masala , though i have heard from many of my friends that it smells so aromatic than the store bought garam masala. I have never tried on my own until recently i got a recipe of garam masala from my friend's mother in law. when i tried it at home, it turned out so aromatic and i am sure i will never go back to store bought garam masala again. Go ahead to make your own garam masala and make the dish more flavourful.
Sunday, December 8, 2013
Though now a days due to kids studies, my own personal work and hubby's office work weekends i never get time to call people to home but if i time permits and i call any of my friend's here i never miss to cook an elaborate meal for them . Though it is a big effort when they happily eat and say they enjoyed the food , that gives me a lot of happiness.
Every time when i invite i break my head what to cook for them and so i started this Cooking for guest series. I will be posting the menu plans and it will be a mix of Lunch, dinner , breakfast or evening Tiffin. Even you can alter few items and can cook the menu for your family too if you don't have guests at home.
Whatever you cook, cook with happiness and serve with lot of love, even though the menu is simple and not very hot , the love will make the guest feel completely satisfied. I think all of you agree with this . Happy cooking and happy hosting.
So my dear readers, be my Guest and join this journey for a visual treat. With your all your support i hope we all will enjoy this journey. Let me start with the South Indian lunch meal today.
Friday, December 6, 2013
Baby Corn pulao is the one of the easiest one pot meal and can be packed for lunchbox too. Last week during the kids exam time, for a weeknight dinner i made this baby corn puloa as i find it very easy and it took less than 30 minutes to make this easy and super tasty pulao. the recipe was suggested by my friend few weeks back and kids enjoyed it so well and even we too. So lets move on the recipe of how to make baby corn pulao
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Corn and cheese a wonderful combo , which i never knew until i have tasted this last year in Cream centre Chennai. After that i wanted to try it at home but some how forgot. Few weeks back i got two requests from readers to post the recipe of Corn cheese balls i suddenly remembered this and made it at home last week and it turned out super perfect. Though i made it in the noon, when the kids came in the evening it was not soggy and they enjoyed it very much. Without boring you much let me move on the recipe of how to make corn cheese balls.
Monday, December 2, 2013
Bread channa is an easy snack which i generally make for myself on the days which i make chole | channa masala in the morning for lunch box and bored to make rotis for me in the noon!. Few days back when i made this for my kids when they returned back from school , they loved it and from that time i wanted to post this super simple recipe. I have already posted two versions of channa masala in the blog. So just make the channa and go ahead with this Easy bread channa recipe. Even if you have guests coming for evening tiffin , you can make chole in advance and make bread channa for them . Just keep the channa masala a bit thick for this bread channa.
Scroll down for more variations.
Saturday, November 30, 2013
I have compiled 15 popular kids friendly indian snacks recipes. As we parents always break our head what to make for kids after they come from school. Click on the pictures for the recipes. For detailed Kids friendly recipes, visit the Kids-friendly snack page. More recipes coming soon in the blog.
Friday, November 29, 2013
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Coriander and lemon soup i recently tasted during my trip to Hyderabad and was tasted very nice. The cold weather there and this piping hot coriander and lemon flavoured soup was totally out of the world. I just gave this soup a try yesterday and it tasted almost the same. The recipe of this soup is very simple with easily available ingredients at home.
PREPARATION TIME:10 MINUTES. COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES. SERVES:2-3
|CORIANDER LEAVES||A BUNCH|
|LEMON ZEST||1 TBLSP|
|MIXED VEGETABLES*||1 CUP|
|PEPPER POWDER||TO TASTE|
|LEMON JUICE||1-2 TSP|
*I used baby corn, beans, corn kernels,carrots,green peas,cabbage
- Wash the coriander leaves and chop them roughly . Add the lemon zest(the skin of the lemon) and green chili (slit the green chilli) in a pan and add 4 cups of water. Let this boil for 15 minutes in a low flame.This is for making the vegetable stock.
- Boiling the lemon zest will not taste bitter.
- Switch off the flame and strain the water . Discard the cooked coriander leaves.
- Meanwhile cut the veggies finely. I added more veggies. It is purely your choice.
- In a pan add 1 cup of water and add the veggies to this. Let this boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander lemon stock. Let this boil for 5 minutes in a low flame.
- Add pepper and salt to taste. Switch off the flame.
- Just before serving squeeze in the lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Enjoy this flavourful and filling soup.
- You can skip the veggies and just add lemon juice, pepper powder and salt to the stock and can have this as a clear soup.
Monday, November 25, 2013
PREPARATION TIME:10 MINUTES. COOKING TIME:15 MINUTES. SERVES:3-4
|REDCHILLI POWDER||3/4 TSP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|JEERA POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|BESAN (KADALAIMAAVU)||4 TBLSP|
|GARAM MASALA||2 PINCHES(OPTIONAL)|
|CURRY LEAVES||FEW (OPTIONAL)|
- Wash the capsicum and chop them into small cubes. discard the seeds.
- Finley chop the onions. In a non stick pan add oil and add the cumin seeds. Add the finely chopped onions and cook till they becomes translucent.
- Add the besan (kadalaimaavu) and dry roast it in a low flame for 7-9 minutes.
- Now add in the chopped capsicums and add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, salt and garam masala.
- Let this cook in a medium low flame. Stir in between without getting burnt.
- Saute well till the besan gets cooked and leaves a nice aroma.
- Do not cover and cook as it will leave water and make the curry soggy.
- Switch off the flame. Capsicum Besan subzi is ready to serve. Serve hot with roti or rice .
- You can add Sambar powder instead of redchilli powder and coriander powder.
- Tri colour capsicum can be used to make the subzi more colourful.
Saturday, November 23, 2013
- Coconut Rice
- Mint Pulao
- Vegetable Biryani
- Vegetable pulao
- Bisibelabath(Sambar Rice)
- Peas Pulao
- Tomato Rice
- Caulifower Rice
- Channa Pulao
- Methi Pulao
- Mango Rice
- Carrot Rice
- Paneer Pulao
- Tomato Rice
- Dal kichidi
- Sprouts Fried Rice
- Sweet corn Rice - No onion No Garlic recipe
- Cabbage Rice
- Curry leaves Rice
- Mexican Rice
- Vegetable Rice
- soya chunks Biryani
- Thayir sadam | Curd rice
- Lemon Rice
- Kashmiri Puloa
- Temple style Puliyodarai - Iyengar puliyodarai
- Broccoli Rice
- Schezwan Fried Rice
- Jeera Pulao | Jeera Rice
- Semiya Biryani
- Tomato Biryani
- Mushroom Pulao
- Ellu Sadam
- Vegetable Biryani in Pressure Cooker
- CauliFlower Manchurian
- Yellow Dal
- Green Chutney
- Baingan Bharta
- Dum Aloo
- Palak Paneer
- Baby corn and paneer Jalfrazie
- Simple Potato Curry
- Paneer Methi makhani
- Spring onion Curry
- Paneer Butter Masala
- Cauliflower masala
- Malai Kofta
- Kadai Bhendhi
- Dal Makhani
- Kadai Paneer
- Paneer Korma
- Vegetable Manchurian
- Soy Chunks Chilli
- Gobi ka kheema | Cauliflower Kheema
- Cauliflower and peas kurma
- Onion Tomato Gravy - Thakkali Vengayam
- Aloo Mutter Masala
- Potato masala - For Poori
- Dal Palak
- Cabbage Kofta Curry
- Paneer Kolhapuri
- Panner Do pyaza
- Kadai Mushroom
- Mushroom Masala
- Green peas masala
- Mirchi ka Salan
- Rajma masala
- Aloo Capsicum gravy
- Palak kofta gravy
- Chole masala - no onion no garlic
- Baby corn kurma
- Cauliflower Paratha
- Missi Roti
- Roomali Roti
- Phulkas | soft rotis - With video
- Pudina Paratha
- Methi thepla
- Paneer Wraps
- Tortilla recipe
- Lachha PAratha
- Poori recipe
- Mixed Vegetable Paratha
THOGAIYALS | PODI
- Parrupu Thogaiyal
- Ridge gourd Thogaiyal(Peerkangai Thogaiyal)
- Beetroot chutney |thogaiyal
- Dry Coconut Powder
- Kovakkai Thogaiyal
- Paruppu podi
- Kollu Podi | Horse gram podi
- Pudina (Mint) thogaiyal
- Chutney podi | pottukadalai podi
- Coconut podi | Thengai podi
- Pumpkin Thogayal
- Curry leaves powder | karuvepillai powder
- Tomato Rasam
- Garlic Rasam-Poondu Rasam
- Jeera rasam
- Pineapple rasam
- Lemon Rasam
- Mysore Rasam
- Kalyana Rasam
- Vepampoo rasam
- KAndantippili rasam
- Pepper Rasam
- Chow Chow Kootu
- Keerai Masiyal(spinach gravy)
- Keerai Thandu morkootu
- Poosanikai kootu | Ashgourd kootu
- DrumStick Kootu
- Avarakkai Poricha Kootu
- 7 kari kootu - Pongal Kootu
- Vazhaithandhu Morkootu
6. Garlic pickle
7.Karuvepillai Thokku - Curry leaves thokku
- Phirni - creamy rice pudding
- Ellu kozhukattai
- Fried modakam recipe
- Nei appam
- Vella puttu - for navaratri
- Motichoor ladoo - diwali sweets
- Paal Kesari
- Corn Flour halwa - Diwali sweets
- Badam Burfi
- Makkan Peda
- Carrot Burfi
- Dry fruits ladoo
- Manoharam - karthigai deepam recipes
- Rava Appam
- Fruit Custard
- Watermelon and Orange Juice
- Pineapple and papaya smoothie
- Spiced Butter milk - Neer mor
- Grape and Orange Drink
- Strawberry Ice cream - No egg - no Ice cream maker
- Orange juice Soda
- Nutella Cold Coffee
- Pomegranate and Orange juice
- Oreo cookies Milkshake
- Nutella dates Milkshake
- Guava strawberry juice
- Mango Lassi
- Strawberry Milkshake
- Pineapple juice with orange
- Hot chocolate
- Masala Milk
- Badam Milk
- Aam Ka Paana - raw mango drink
- Orange Barley drink
- Ice Lemon Tea
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Filter Coffee
- Raw mango Drink- Aam ka paana
- Jal jeera
- Panagam - Summer cooler - Rama navami special
- Phirni - creamy rice pudding
- Eggless Choc Chip Muffins
- Masala Buns-Savoury Buns
- Eggless Orange Sponge Cake
- Eggless Choclate Cookies
- Eggless Coconut Cookies(using desiccated coconut)
- Eggless Vanilla Choco Chip Muffin
- Eggless Raisin Muffins
- Eggless Dates and Walnut cake
- Khara Biscuits - Savory Biscuits
- Eggless Tutti -Fruity Cake
- Eggless Nutella Cookies
- Tutti Fruitti Cookies
- Eggless Mawa Pistachio Bundt Cake
- Eggless banana bread - No butter
- Eggless Mango cake
- Nutella Brownies- No egg no butter
- Eggless Choclate Muffins
- Eggless Vanilla Sponge cake - No butter
- Eggless Custard powder cookies - No butter
- Eggless Chocolate chip cookies
- Eggless Marble Cake
- Chocolate biscotti- Eggless
- Carrot cake with hot toffee sauce
- Garlic Bread sticks
- Nan khattai - Indian cookies