Verkadalai Sundal | peanut sundal is one among my most favourite sundal and i love the addition of peanuts in aviyal, sambar rice and other rice varieties. Few weeks back my friend told me that her mil makes sundal by adding a spice mix to it. I tried the recipe and it turned out great for this verkadalai sundal|peanut sundal, and even this will go well with all other navaratri sundal varieties.
Scroll down to check out my other Navaratri Sundal recipes.
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 1-2
|RAW PEANUT |VERKADALAI||1/4 CUP|
|URAD DAL||1 TBLSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|COCONUT OIL||FEW DROPS(OPTIONAL)|
- Dry roast the urad dal and red chilli till the dal turns brown.Add asafoetida to this. When cool grind this into a fine powder.
- Soak the peanuts in water for 2 hours. When done cook it in a pressure cooker till 3 whistles by adding little salt to this.
- When done, drain the excess water and heat a pan.
- add oil and throw in the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the cooked peanuts and add in the ground powder too.
- Mix well so that the spices will get coated evenly and add little salt.(since we cooked the peanuts with salt you may need little salt only)
- Add the scrapped coconut and mix well.
- Drizzle few drops of coconut oil if you want.
- Sundal is ready for neivedhyam.
- You can make the powder in advance and store it in a airtight container and use it up for any variety of sundal you make.