Corn and cheese a wonderful combo , which i never knew until i have tasted this last year in Cream centre Chennai. After that i wanted to try it at home but some how forgot. Few weeks back i got two requests from readers to post the recipe of Corn cheese balls i suddenly remembered this and made it at home last week and it turned out super perfect. Though i made it in the noon, when the kids came in the evening it was not soggy and they enjoyed it very much. Without boring you much let me move on the recipe of how to make corn cheese balls.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES. COOKING TIME:20 MINUTES.MAKES: 10 BALLS
|CORN (I USED FROZEN)||1 CUP|
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||3 TBLSP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CHEESE(I USED MOZZARELLA)||6-7 TBLSP|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
|BREAD CRUMBS||AS NEEDED|
- Boil the frozen corn for 5 minutes in water and completely drain the water. If using fresh corn pressure cook it and take out the kernels.
- Pat the corn with a kitchen towel to take out the extra moisture.
- Just pulse the corn in the mixer once. do not make it a paste.
- In a wide bowl add the mashed corn, cheese,maida |all purpose flour finely chopped green chilli, red chilli powder, and salt.
- Mix well to get the spices mix evenly.
- Make this mixture into small balls and keep it in a plate.
- Take milk in a small bowl. Keep the bread crumbs in a wide plate.
- Dip the balls in milk.
- Immediately roll them onto the bread crumbs nicely. Repeat this for all the balls.
- when done cover this with a cling wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil for deep frying. when hot, bring it to medium flame.
- slowly place the balls one by one and deep fry them till golden brown.
- Drain excess oil in kitchen towel.
- Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the balls.
- Crispy corn cheese balls are ready. Enjoy with hot cup of tea.
- I added just 3 tblsp of cheese as i don’t want to add more. But my kids complained that i must have added more cheese !!
- Always ensure the water in the corn is moist free before making balls.
- You can make this in the morning and keep it in the refrigerator and can fry just before serving.