Have you ever tried Payasam with elaneer (tender coconut) !. Though i have heard this many times , never tasted this or made on my own at home. Last month when Suresh visited Chennai officially, he happened to taste this elaneer payasam in a restaurant and immediately he called me and told it tasted very nice. I am so curious to try this at home but don't have any clue as how to make it. I asked my mom and she told she had written this in her note book and she sent that book with my hubby. That book has lot of nice recipes , which my mom learnt from many source.
Elaneer payasam turned out extremely well and i highly recommend you to try this at home for a change from usual payasams. This kheer needs no cooking too. Sounds interesting right!
- In a vessel, add the coconut water. I used the Thai coconut available in local stores here. You can use the big one also.
- Take out the soft pulp of the tender coconut. We call it valuval or vazhukkai in tamil.
- grind this into a smooth paste.
- Add this to the tender coconut water (elaneer)
- Mix nicely. Add Condensed milk and coconut milk to this.
- Mix well and transfer it to serving bowls.
- If you want you can add roasted cashew nuts.
- Serve Chilled.
- If you want to make coconut milk at home take 1 cup of freshly scrapped coconut and add few tblsp of water and mix this nicely.
- Squeeze out the coconut and extract the milk. You will get thick coconut milk.