Check out my tomato rasam on stove top recipe.
- In a microwave safe bowl take 1 cup of water and add the tomato into it. Cut the tomatoes into 4 .
- Microwave high for 5-7 minutes.
- The tomatoes will be soft and shrink. If you don't want the skin peel it off and mash the tomatoes nicely with hands, when it is bit warm to handle.
- If you want the tomatoes to be finely chopped you can do so before microwaving the tomatoes.
- Using a mortar and pestle make the pepper and cumin into a coarse powder.
- Add salt, pepper jeera powder, asafoetida, crushed garlic(optional) chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Mix this well by mashing the tomatoes with your clean hands.
- Add little water if needed (not more than 1/2 cup).
- Keep this inside the microwave and cook for 7-8 minutes till it froths up. Do not allow this to boil. The timing differ from microwave to microwave.
- Mine got over in 7 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- If you want to get the rasam tempered with mustard seeds, add little oil in a microwave safe bowl and add little mustard seeds. Microwave for 2 minutes. When they crackle just add it to the rasam.
- Enjoy with hot rice and with simple curry | poriyal.
- I will be posting some basic poriyal recipes which can be made in microwave, in the following weeks.
- You can add 2 tsp of cooked toor dal to the rasam to make it flavourful.
- The same rasam can be made on stove top too.