Tawa pulao i wanted to try for a long time , and finally made this for dinner last week. It is a popular Mumbai street food. Tawa puloa was a super hit at my home. It is a super easy one pot meal , perfect for lunch box too. Making of this tawa puloa doesn't involve any grinding. Try out this easy pulao for lunch or dinner , enjoy with a simple raita.
- Soak the rice for 20 minutes in 1 and 1/2 cup of water. Cook the rice by adding little oil and little salt. Spread the rice in a wide plate and keep it aside.
- In a pan add oil and add the ginger garlic paste.Slice the onions into long.
- Add the onions to this and saute well.
- Add the finely chopped tomato and saute well. When the tomatoes are mushy add the mixed veggies to this.
- You can parboil the veggies in microwave too.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala,and red chilly powder and cumin powder.
- Mix well and cook in a low flame till the veggies gets cooked.
- Add the cooked rice once the veggies are cooked.
- Mix gently and cook for 2 -3 minutes in a low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with raita.
- Do not cook the rice mushy.It should be separate long grains.
- You can add bell peppers too .
- Generally jeera is added while tempering, but since i forgot i added jeera powder.