Iyengar bakery style toast
- Grate the carrots and cut the onion , tomato (deseed the tomato) and capsicum into very fine pieces.
- In a pan add oil and add in the cumin seeds and add the onions and saute till they turn pink. Add in the chopped tomatoes and saute well.
- Add in the grated carrots and the bell pepper. Stir it once and add the chaat masala,red chilli powder and the the tomato ketchup.
- Add salt and mix well. Saute in a low flame for 5 minutes. Switch it off .
- Place a tawa and heat it. Toast the bread with little butter on both sides. Spread the filling on the top side and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the bread too.
- You can add cooked grean peas too.
- Any veggies of your choice can be added.
- You can either serve this as an open sandwich or serve as a closed sandwich by keeping another toasted bread on it.
- Sprouts, cauliflower can be added
- Left over potato curry or poori masala can be used as filling.