Kuthiraivali tomato rice
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: 1
Kuthiraivali rice 1/4 cup
Onion 1 (small size)
Tomato 1 (small)
Sambar powder 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Garam masala a pinch
Oil 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/8 tsp
Salt to taste
Curry leaves few
- In a pan add oil and add in the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add the finely chopped onions and saute till they become pink.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and add in the sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook in a low flame till the tomatoes become mushy. Add in the garam masala in the last.
- Add in the cooked kuthiraivali rice and mix gently. Keep the flame low .
- Kuthiraivali tomato rice is ready to serve. Serve with any raitha or a simple fried appalam or vadam.
- Do not over cook the millet and make it mushy.
- You can add ginger garlic paste in the beginning to enhance the flavour.
- Green chili can also be added in the seasoning if you want this little more spicy.
- Pav bhaji masala can be replaced with garam masala.