Gajar ka halwa | carrot halwa, a very popular Indian sweet | dessert, though i have tried it few times, this is the first time i am trying in Microwave. Before going to vacation, i have few carrots lying in the refrigerator and half litre of milk too. Thought i will make carrot kheer but milk will not be sufficient to make for all of us. So planned to try carrot halwa in Microwave. It turned out so well and we all enjoyed this with Vanilla ice cream. Yes we all love this combo of vanilla icecream with carrot halwa. Check out my stovetop version of gajar halwa | carrot halwa with condensed milk. You can add condensed milk to this gajar halwa too to make it more rich.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Makes: 2 cups
Carrots 4 (small size)
Milk 3/4 cup
Sugar 4-5 tblsp
Cardamom powder | Everest Milk masala 1 tsp
Milk powder 3 tblsp (optional)
Almonds few (for garnishing)
Ghee 1 tsp
- Peel the skin of the carrots and if you want you can grate this in a small grater. I just roughly chopped them and pulsed it it in the mixer. I have had gajar halwa in a friend's place in this style.
- Add milk and ghee and put it inside the microwave safe bowl. Microwave high for 5 minutes by stirring in between.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar. I added the Everest Milk masala.
- Mix well and microwave medium high for 5 minutes stirring in between.
- The milk will be absorbed by now and the halwa is now ready. If the milk is still not absorbed you can keep in the microwave for 3-4 minutes more.
- Microwave timings depends on oven to oven.
- Always stir in between so as not to get the halwa burnt while cooking.
- If adding condensed milk reduce the quantity of milk to 1/2 cup and add the condensed milk while adding the cardamom powder or milk masala.
- For this quantity 1/4 cup of condensed milk . No need to add sugar , if needed add 1-2 tbslp.