Moong dal pakora
Preparation Time : 3 hours | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Makes: 25
Moong dal 1/2 cup
Green chili 2
Ginger a small piece
Salt as needed
Coriander leaves few
Onion 1 (optional)
Oil to deep fry
- Wash and soak the moong dal for 3 hours. Drain the water completely after 3 hours. Meanwhile boil the potato and peel the skin and keep it aside.
- Grind this along with ginger and green chili. Do not add any water while grinding. If need just sprinkle 1 or 2 tsp of water.
- When it is coarsely done, add the cooked potato to this.
- Grind this into a smooth batter. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and finely chopped onions too. Add salt.
- Heat the oil for frying, when the oil becomes hot, keep the flame medium.
- Spoon in the batter into the oil .
- Cook on both sides till it become golden brown and drain it in a kitchen towel.
- Moong dal bhajjis are ready to serve. Serve with green chutney or tomato sauce.
- If the batter is very watery add 1 to 2 tsp of rice flour to this.
- Ensure that you drain the water completely before grinding.
- After adding potatoes the batter will loosen, so do not add water.
- You can add finely chopped green chili instead of grinding. But since to avoid coming into the mouth while eating grinding is preferred.
- Instead of chili finely pound black peppers can also be added.
- Traditional Maharastrian bhajiyas will include coarsely pound coriander seeds too | dhaniya seeds.