Brown rice pulao
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 35 Mins |Serves: 1-2
Mixed Vegetables* 1/4 cup
Oil 2 tsp
Brown Rice 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tsp
Green Chili 1
Cinnamon stick a small piece
Star Anise 1
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
* i used carrot, broccoli and capsicum
- Cook the brown rice according to the instructions given in this post of how to cook brown rice.
- In a pan add oil and add the whole masalas like cinnamon, cardamom and star anise and green chili too. Add in the ginger garlic paste. Cook in a low flame till the raw smell goes.
- Add the vegetables now and cook for 2 minutes. Let them be crunchy. Do not over cook.
- Now add the cooked brown rice and mix gently. Garnish with coriander leaves,
- Serve it with any raita. You can pack this for lunch box too.
- Any veggies of your choice can be added.
- Always ensure it should be crunchy.
- You can add onions while adding the whole masala. Always cook the onions till it turns pink.