Happy to share that my recipe got featured in Kungumam Thozi,a popular tamil magazine, this March 2015 edition. Will share the recipe here next week.
Sev puri Chaat
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 10 Mins |Serves: 1-2
Green Chutney 2 tsp
Sweet Chutney 2 tsp
Sprouts | boiled green gram 2 tblsp
Red chili powder to taste
Yogurt | curd 1/2 cup
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder 2 pinches
Chaat masala 2 pinches
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
Sev to garnish
- Boil the potatoes and mash it nicely. Add salt and jeera powder to this and keep it aside.
- Take yogurt in a bowl and beat this well and add little red chili powder, salt, sugar and chaat masala to this and mix well. Always use thick curd.
- I used plain sprouts, you can use steamed sprouts or boiled green gram too. While boiling do not mash it. Chop the onions finely and keep it.
- Break the puris in the middle. Just make a dent. and arrange them on the serving plates.
- Now let me explain how we should arrange the sev puri chaat.
- Add little potato mixture inside all the puris.
- Next add little sprouts or boiled green moong dal.
- Add onions to this. Add little green chutney now.
- Add little sweet chutney into each puri now and add the spiced curd | yogurt.
- Sprinkle red chili powder, chaat masala on the puris.
- Any curd is left over just pour on the puris.
- Garnish with sev and coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately. Else the pooris will become soggy.
- when i started clicking itself the pooris started become soggy. So i finished clicking fast and enjoyed them .
- The quantity of chutneys depends on your taste. Feel free to add more green chutney if you want it slightly spicy.
- You can add pomegranate for garnishing to make it more healthy.