Cauliflower poriyal is a very simple and easy poriyal , and even a perfect bachelor recipe too. I made this and clicked last year itself but pictures didn't turn out nice, so i didn't post. Then later i totally forgot about that and last week suddenly i remembered this. I have already posted cauliflower curry and cauliflower pepper fry recipe too. Also the recipe of cauliflower rice is also a super hit one. This is a scheduled post as i am not in town. Will reply to your mail and messages once i am back.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 2
Cauliflower florets 1 and 1/2 cup
Oil 2 tsp
Green chili 1-2
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Urad dal 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves few
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Coconut (grated) 1 tblsp
Coconut oil few drops (optional)
- Chop the cauliflower into tiny florets.
- Boil 3 cups of water in a wide saucepan. Add little salt to this while boiling.
- Boil for 2 minutes and drain the water.
- Add oil to the pan . Add mustard seeds, urad dal and chopped green chili to this.
- Add the drained cauliflower to this. Since we chopped them finely, cauliflowers are cooked in the water.
- Add salt and turmeric powder to this.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Add grated coconut to this and mix well.
- Switch off the flame. If adding coconut oil add now and mix well.
- Cauliflower poriyal is ready to serve. Serve with simple rasam rice or vathakuzhambu too.
- Chop the cauliflower into tiny florets to ease cooking .
- You can add finely grated ginger to the oil while adding green chili.