Garlic Almond Soup
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Garlic pods 6
Almond | Badam 15
Milk 2 tblsp
Butter 2 tsp
Salt as needed
Black pepper powder to taste
*Instead of potato you can add 1/2 cup chopped bottle gourd
- Soak almonds in hot water for 15 minutes and take out the skin.
- Peel the skin of the potato and garlic pods. In a pressure cooker add butter and cubed potato and garlic pods. Saute for 2 minutes till it emits a nice aroma. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add 2 cups of water to this.
- Cook till 3-4 whistles. Grind the almonds with the milk into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Grind the cooked potato and garlic. Do not discard the water. We will use it for the soup.
- Transfer this to the cooker. I made in the pan as it will give a clear picture for you to see. Add the almond paste to this.
- Mix well. Boil this for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of water to bring this to a soup consistency.
- Add salt and pepper powder and mix well.
- Garlic almond soup is ready to serve.
- Instead of potato you can add lauki|bottle gourd or even cauliflower too.
- Since the potato makes the soup thick add more water to bring it to a right consistency.