Sweet corn soup | creamy sweet corn veg soup, is the family's favorite. I have already posted sweet corn veg soup. This Restaurant style cream of sweet corn soup i have given for the kungumam thozi supplement last year, and was a long due to post it here in jeyashri's kitchen. Many readers were asking me to post the recipe and finally here i am with the recipe of sweet corn soup. Check out my other soup recipes too. Also i have posted many recipes using sweet corn. Check out
Sweet corn soup
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Sweet corn kernels 1 cup
Garlic 3 pods
Ginger a small piece
Butter 1 tsp
Salt as needed
Pepper powder as needed
Full cream milk 1/4 cup or Fresh cream 1 tblsp
- Take out the fiber of the corn and cook it for 3-4 whistles. You can add little salt to this if needed. Once it is cool, take out the corn kernels out of this. If you wish you can use frozen corn kernels too. In that case of using frozen corn kernels, boil it for 3 minutes in a saucepan with 1/2 cup water. Keep it aside. Do not drain the water.
- In a pan add butter and add the garlic pods and ginger. Cook till they become nice golden brown and the cooked sweet corn. Saute it for 2 minutes in a low flame. Switch off the flame and allow this to cool.
- Grind this in a mixie and if needed add water while grinding.
- Filter this and add it to a pan. The ground mixture will be very thick, so you can add water while you are filtering it. The fibre in the corn will be there and that's why we are filtering it.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to this. Add water to get a right soup consistency.
- Bring the flame to low and add the full cream milk to this. If adding fresh cream beat this well with a spoon and add to the soup. After adding the milk or cream switch off the flame after a minute.
- Creamy Sweet corn soup is ready to serve. I garnished with some spring onions to make it colourful.
- You can add veggies like finely chopped carrots, cauliflower to the soup. If adding veggies, par boil them add them in the last .
- You can reserve some corn kernels before grinding and add them while serving.