No onion no garlic recipes
Curry leaves pulao
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 2-3
Basmati rice 1/2 cup
Curry leaves few
Bay leaf 1
Cinnamon 1 small stick
Salt as needed
Cashew nuts few (optional)
Oil | ghee 2 tsp
Lemon juice few drops
- Cook the basmati rice by adding the cloves, cardamom, bay leaf ,cinnamon , salt and 1 tsp of oil and few drops of lemon juice. Refer my post on how to cook basmati rice.
- Once it is cooked, discard the whole spices and spread the rice in a plate.
- Chop the curry leaves finely.
- In a small pan add oil and little ghee and add the curry leaves and cashew nuts to it. Add this to the rice.
- Mix this well. Alternatively you can add the cooked rice to the pan and saute it for a minute or 2 in a low flame.
- Serve with any gravy of your choice. In the flight they served with a Dal makhani and a cauliflower semi dry masala. So i too made the same and served.
- If needed you can add green chili while cooking or while tempering the curry leaves in oil.
- Adding whole spices while cooking will enhance the flavour. So do not skip that.