Veg kheema masala is a creamy masala gravy, generally served with roti | naan. I have already posted cauliflower kheema recipe, which is a dry one. This veg kheema masala i have given for my monthly contribution for Kungumam Thozi , and got published in the May month issue. This recipe is easy to make and also the rich texture will surely impress your family and guests.
Veg kheema masala recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Grated paneer 1/4 cup
Green peas 2 tblsp
Cauliflower 1/4 cup (grated)
Cashew nuts 8
Tomato Puree 1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/4 tsp
Oil 2 tblsp
Kasoori methi 2 pinches
Milk 1/4 cup
Salt as needed
Cumin seeds a pinch
- Finely chop the onions, capsicum and carrot.
- Warm the milk and soak the cashew nuts in that.
- In a pan add oil and add in the cumin seeds. Add the finely chopped onion to that.
- Cook for few minutes and add the tomato puree. I used store bought puree, if using tomato, take a big ripe tomato and grind this in mixie and add to the pan.
- Cook till the tomato cooks well and add red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Cook in a medium low flame.
- Grind the cashew and milk into a fine paste.
- Add the grated paneer, cauliflower, chopped carrots and capsicum and green peas to the onion tomato mixture.
- Add salt to this.
- Add 1 cup of water to this and let the veggies get cooked in this for 5 minutes.
- Add the cashew milk paste to this and keep the flame low.
- Add crushed kasoori methi to this.
- Cook for 2 minutes and switch off the flame. Serve this with roti |kulcha.
- If you do not want to add grated cauliflower, you can add finely chopped cauliflower.
- Ginger garlic paste can be added in the beginning after adding oil.