Coriander pulao | Pulav is an easy pulao recipe, serves as a Lunch box recipe and quick dinner recipe too. The fresh coriander leaves and coconut with other spices makes the pulao so aromatic. I have already posted coriander rice recipe. This recipe was passed on to me from my cousin, who sent me a you tube link for this recipe reference. I found the recipe simple and nice and tried it at home last week. The pulao was huge hit at home. So tried it again today, to make a post on how to make coriander pulao. I enjoyed the pulav with onion raita for my lunch today. Try out this easy pulao recipe and let me know how it turned out.
Coriander pulao recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 3
Coriander leaves a small bunch
Green chili 3
Coconut 1 cup
Basmati rice 1 cup
Oil 1 tblsp
Ghee 2 tsp
Cardamom 2 pods
Cinnamon a small piece
Green chili 1
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Water 1 cup
Salt as needed
Green peas 1/4 cup
Video on how to make Coriander pulao
- Wash the basmati rice and soak it in 1 cup water for 10 minutes.
- Grind the coriander leaves, green chili and coconut into a fine paste using the 3/4 the cup of soaked water.
- Squeeze out the extract and strain it and keep aside.
- Add remaining soaked water and grind the mixture once again. Squeeze out the extract and discard the residue.
- We need only the coriander coconut milk.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil + ghee. Add the green chili(slit), cinnamon and cardamom. You can add 1 bay leaf too.
- Add ginger garlic paste to this.
- Saute for a minute in low flame.
- chop the onions into thin slices. Add it to the cooker.
- Saute for a minute. Add salt to this.
- Add green peas to this . If you want you can add cubed potatoes too. Paneer cubes can also be added.
- Add the soaked rice to this and saute for a minute.
- Add the Coriander coconut extract to this and cover the cooker.
- Pressure cook for a whistle and keep in a very low flame for 5 minutes.
- Open the cooker and gently mix the rice.
- Instead of grinding coconut and coriander and extracting the juice, you can grind little coriander and 1 green chili and add 1 cup of thin coconut milk to the pulao.
- As we are discarding the ground paste and using the juice only, you can add 3 chilies for 1 cup rice. It was medium spicy only.
- You can add some roasted cashew nuts in the last just before serving.
- You can add potato, paneer or carrots to the pulao along with peas.
- Few mint leaves can be added while grinding to enhance the flavour.