Beans aloo sabzi recipe
Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 4-5
Beans 2 cup (chopped)
Potato 1 cup (cubed)
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Dhaniya powder | coriander powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Oil 1 tblsp
Ginger 1 tsp (grated)
Roasted cumin powder 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Garam Masala 2 pinches (optional)
- In a pan add oil and add the cumin seeds(jeera). Add the grated ginger and saute it for a while.
- Add the chopped beans to the pan.
- Add the chopped potatoes to this. No need to boil the potatoes, just add raw.
- Add in the salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and mix well. Cover it and cook for 10 minutes.
- Check whether the aloo is cooked or not. If it is cooked, take out the cover and cook for few minutes till the water, if any, evaporates.
- Add roasted cumin powder to this. I roasted little jeera on a dosa pan and pound that using mortar and pestle.
- If adding garam masala add it now.
- Mix well and serve hot with rotis or rice.
- You can add finely chopped onions while adding ginger.
- Instead of red chili powder and dhaniya powder you can add sambar powder too.
- Roasted cumin seeds enhances the flavour to the beans aloo sabzi, so do not skip that.