Channa dal salad is a easy and healthy salad recipe, made with cooked channa dal and other veggies. I have also added papad | appalam to this to make it crunchy too. This channa dal i have tasted during our Delhi trip 3 years back. After that i tried it at home and we all loved it very much. I have given this recipe for Kungumam thozi supplement which got published in Dec 2014. After that, though i made this channa dal salad few times, but never clicked it. If you are a salad lover, Check out my
Channa dal salad
Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: 2-3
Channa dal | kadalai paruppu 1/2 cup
Capsicum a small piece
Sweet corn 1/4 cup
Chaat masala 2 pinches
Salt as needed
Papad | appalam 2 (optional)
- Soak the channa dal for 20 minutes. Pressure cook this till 3-4 whistles with little water. Add salt while cooking.
- Boil the sweet corn along with the channa dal in the cooker.
- Drain the excess water.
- Chop the cucumber, capsicum and carrot finely.
- In a wide bowl add the cooked chana dal, chopped cucumber and carrots.
- Add the corn kernels. Add chaat masala to this.
- If adding papads do not add salt now. As both chaat masala and papad has salt in it.
- Roast the papad on open flame or microwave it.
- Crush them roughly and add just before serving.
- To make it more crunchy, keep crushed papad in a bowl and add it to the salad bowl for every spoon of salad.
- Else you can break papad into bite sized pieces and serve the salad on the top of it.
- You can add green chutney or sweet chutney to this salad.
- Boiled potatoes can also be added to make it more filling.