Ragi rava idli recipe
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Makes: 4 -5 idlis
Ragi flour 1/4 cup
Rava| sooji 1/4 cup
Yogurt 1/4 cup
Eno salt 1/2 tsp
Oil 3 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Channa dal 1/4 tsp
Urad dal 1/4 tsp
Ginger (grated) 1/2 tsp
Salt as needed
Lemon juice 1 tsp
Coriander leaves + curry leaves few
Green chili 1
Video of how to make ragi rava idli
- In a pan add oil and add the mustard seeds. Once it splutters add the channa dal, urad dal, grated ginger and green chili (slit). Cook till the dal turns into golden brown.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Add the ragi flour and rava. Switch off the flame.
- Mix well and allow this to cool completely. Transfer this to a bowl.
- I discarded the green chili, so that it won't get into the mouth while eating the idlis.
- Add salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add yogurt to this and mix well. Add little water to this to get a thick batter consistency.
- Add eno salt to this and mix well. The batter will get loosened after adding eno salt.
- Ensure the eno salt is not of old stock, else it won't make the idli soft.
- Grease the idli mould and steam the idlis for 7-8 minutes.
- After 2 minutes take the idlis off from the mould.
- Ragi rava idlis are ready to serve. Serve with your favourite chutney.
- I served with coconut chutney. These idlis stay soft even after 2-3 hours.
- So you can pack for kids lunch box too.
- You can add 1 tblsp of grated carrots to the batter to make it healthy.
- Few cashew nuts can be added while adding the mustard seeds.
- Do not over steam, else the idlis will turn hard.
- Ensure the eno salt is not old. We get eno fruit salt in medical shops and super markets.