Samba wheat adai recipe
Preparation Time : 10 mins + soaking time 2hrs | Cooking Time : 5 Mins per adai |Yields: 6 -7
Samba ravai | godhumai ravai | dalia 1 cup
Toor dal 1/4 cup
Channa dal 1/4 cup
Red chili 3
Oil as needed (to make adai)
Curry leaves few
Asafoetida a big pinch
Carrot, cabbage and capsicum 2 tblsp each
- Soak the broken wheat and the dals separately for 2 hours. You can soak it together if you want.
- After 2 hours grind the broken wheat into a fine paste. Grind the red chilies along with this.
- Grind the dals into a coarse mixture. Add asafoetida along with the dals.
- Let the dals be slightly coarse and not too fine.
- Transfer both the ground paste into a bowl and add curry leaves, salt and finely chopped onions, grated carrots, finely chopped cabbage and capsicum.
- Mix well.
- Pour a ladle full of batter on a hot tawa and make a circle.
- Drizzle with oil on all sides.
- Cook on both sides.
- Serve hot.
- Adding veggies is truly optional.
- You can add finely chopped coriander leaves too.
- You can grated beetroot too.