Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Radish | mullangi 2 small
Potato 1 (optional)
Coriander leaves handful
Green chili 1
Ginger a small piece
Cashew nuts 6-7
Oil 3 tsp
Cinnamon a small stick
Curry leaves few
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Video on how to make Radish masala
- Cut the radish and potato into small cubes. Slice the onions into long.
- Soak the cashew nuts in hot water for 10 minutes. You can replace cashew with 2 tsp of chutney dal |pottukadalai.
- In pressure cooker, add oil and add in the cumin seeds and cinnamon.
- Saute for few seconds and add in the onions. Add little salt to this and cook the onions till translucent.
- Now add in the cut radish and potato.
- Keep the flame low and saute for a minute.
- Grind the coriander, green chili,soaked cashew nuts and ginger into a fine paste.
- Add this ground paste to the pressure cooker.
- Add 1 cup of water and little salt and the curry leaves.
- Cook for 2 whistles.
- Switch off the flame and once the pressure is released open the cooker and mix well.
- If needed add little more water and give it a boil.
- If you feel the consistency is perfect, no need to boil.
- Serve hot with phulkas.
- Cashew nuts can be replaced with gram dal | chutney dal.
- Curry leaves can be tempered along with cumin seeds in the beginning.
- You can add 1/4 tsp of garam masala also if you need.
- You can add carrots |green peas to the radish masala gravy.