Coconut milk pulao
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 2-3
Basmati rice 1 cup
Water 1 cup
Thick coconut milk 1/2 cup
Cinnamon a small stick
Bay leaf 1
Green chili 2
Oil 1 tblsp
Green peas 1/4 cup (optional)
Video of how to make coconut milk pulao
- Wash the rice and soak it in 1 cup water and 1/2 cup coconut milk.
- Soak for 15-20 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and add the bay leaf, cinnamon stick and green chili. Slit the green chili and put it.
- Saute for few seconds and add the soaked rice.
- Add salt to this.
- Add green peas, if using.
- Cover the cooker with the lid.
- Pressure cook till 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure subsides, open the cooker and mix it gently.
- If needed garnish with coriander leaves or mint leaves.
- Serve hot with any spicy gravy. We had with rajma masala.
- You can add carrot,potato and beans along with green peas.
- You can add few more whole spices such as marati moggu, cardamom also.
- Finely chopped mint leaves and onions can also be added with whole spices.
- The coconut milk pulao goes well with spicy paneer gravy too.