Mixed veg raita
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 2 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Mixed Vegetables* 1/2 cup
Chilled yogurt 1 cup
Salt as needed
Sugar 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Oil 1 tsp
Urad dal 1/4 tsp
Green chili 1
Curry leaves few
Asafoetida a pinch
Coriander leaves few
*I used carrot, cabbage, capsicum,tomato and cucumber.
You can add onions and radish too.
Video of mixed veg raita
- In a wide bowl add chilled yogurt. Whisk it without any lumps. If the curd is sour, add 1-2 tblsp of cold milk.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Finely chop all the veggies. Alternatively you can grate carrot and cucumber too.
- Mix well.
- Just before serving, temper the mustard seeds, slit green chilies, urad dal, asafoetida and curry leaves in 1 tsp oil.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- You can have this mixed veg raita with any rice variety like sambar sadam, tomato rice, puliyodarai.
- Ensure that the yogurt is chilled.
- If it is sour add 1-2 tblsp of cold milk to this.
- If the yogurt is not too thick, put this in a clean cloth or a tea strainer and filter the water.
- Give the tempering just before serving. The urad dal should be crunchy.
- You can add grated ginger to the tempering.