Here is the recipe of sweet appam with whole wheat flour and jaggery. Check out the deep fried version of this Wheat appam.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Makes : 25-28 approx.
Wheat flour 1 cup
Rice flour 1 tblsp
Cardamom powder a pinch
Jaggery 1 cup
Coconut 1 tblsp
Water as needed
Ghee 1-2 tsp
- Take a broad vessel and combine the wheat flour ,rice flour and cardamom powder.
- Peel the skin of the banana and add to this.
3. In a kadai, add the jagerry aong with a cup of water and boil till the jagerry melts.
4. When it is done, filter it, to remove the impurities.
5. A tea strainer will do it .
6. Add this to the flour.
7. Mix it nicely with ur hand by adding a cup of water to it.
8. The consistency should be a dosa batter consistency.
9. Mix everything well.
10. Heat a paniyaram pan in the stove and keep the flame very low.
11. Drop the mixture to each of the holes with the help of a tsp.
12. Though i used a non stick paniyaram pan,i add a drop of ghee in all the
13. When it is done on one side, just flip it with the help of the wooden stick,which usually comes with the pan.
14. A chop stick also will help.
15. Repeat this for rest of the mixture.
16. This proportion yielded 28 appams for me.
- Adding banana to this will make the appam very softer even if it is consumed after few hours.
- If u want coconut bits in this, u can add them instead of scrapped coconut.
- Instead of banana you can add a pinch of cooking soda too.