This is a very simple recipe i learnt from my friend after tasting this in her place one day when we are having lunch together after a tiring day of shopping groceries. She always keeps a lots of podis that can be mixed with rice and one among them is this Dry coconut powder also known as Kobbari Podi. Will soon share recipes of other varieties of podis also. INGREDIENTS:
|KOPRA|KOPPARAI|DRY COCONUT||2 CUPS( GRATED)|
|RED CHILLI||8-9 NO|
|GARLIC PODS||3 PODS|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Dry roast the redchilli in a pan.
- When this becomes cool, grind with grated kopparai and garlic.
- Add salt while grinding.
- In a kadai add oil and throw in the mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida. When it crackles add the ground dry coconut mix.
- Saute for a minute and switch off the flame.
- When it is cool, store this is a air tight box.
- No need to refrigerate this podi.
- Enjoy with hot rice smeared with oil | ghee and papads.