Vendakkai puli pachadi recipe,i am trying out for the first time. When a reader asked for this recipe, i didn’t have much idea about how to make vendakkai puli pachadi. Though i have tasted in a friend’s place very long back, i couldn’t recollect the recipe. But thank god finally when i was casually talking to a friend about this recipe she gave me the idea and finally made it. This goes well with Arisi upma, Pidi Kozhukattai and you can have this with rice too. INGREDIENTS: [ serves 2-3]
|LADIES FINGER | VENDAKKAI||8-10|
|TAMARIND PASTE||1 AND 1/2 TSP(If using tamarind, take a small gooseberry size)|
|RICE FLOUR||2 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|TOOR DAL||1/2 TSP|
|METHI SEEDS | VENDAYAM||1/4 TSP|
- Wash and pat dry the ladies finger. Cut them into small roundels.
- In a pan add oil and temper with mustard seeds, toor dal , green chilli(cut into pieces),red chilli and methi seeds.
- When the dal turns brown, add the cut ladies fingers. Saute in a low flame for few minutes by adding salt to this.
- Saute this for a while but let it not change its color.
- Add the tamarind extract and add turmeric powder.
- Allow this to boil in a medium flame for 7-10 minutes in a medium low flame.
- Add in the jaggery and let this boil for few minutes.
- mix the rice flour with 2-3 tblsp of water without any lumps and add it to the pachadi.
- Stir it nicely and keep the flame low.
- the pachadi will get a thick consistency after adding rice flour.
- Switch off the flame and serve it with arisi upma or upma kozhukattai.
- I used the tamarind paste. You can soak a small gooseberry sized tamarind in hot water and extract juice with 1 cup of water.
- Do not change the color of okra while cooking.