Whenever we go to Pasta Mania we have few options for vegetarians and one among them is this Simple Agilo Olio pasta . I wanted to try this agilo olio pasta , a simple vegetarian pasta recipe at home for a long time and finally made few days back. Let us see how to make Agilo Olio Pasta recipe also called as Spaghetti Aglio e Olio . INGREDIENTS: SERVES 2
|OLIVE OIL||1 TBLSP|
|RED CHILLI FLAKES | FRESH RED CHILLI||TO TASTE|
|BREAD CRUMBS||2 TBLSP|
- Cook the spaghetti pasta with 4 cups of water by adding enough salt to this pasta.
- Do not add oil to this while cooking.
- Once cooked drain the excess water and run the pasta through cold water.
- Chop the garlic into thin roundels.
- If using fresh red chilli finely chop this finely.
- Roast the bread crumbs in a pan till golden brown . Be careful not to get it burnt.
- In a pan, add olive oil and when the oil is hot lower the flame and add the Garlic. If adding fresh red chilli add it now.
- Toss the garlic gently in the oil without burning it. Do not change the colour of the red chilli.
- Then add the cooked spaghetti and toss it gently.
- Add the red chilli flakes (if using red chilli flakes) and bread crumbs too.
- Mix it gently and put off the flame.
- If you want you can add fresh parsley for garnishing.
- Bread crumbs give a crunchy taste to the pasta. But if you do not have in hand, feel free to skip this.