Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 1 hour |Serves: 2-3
Basmati Rice 1 cup
Baby corn 6
Garlic 5 pods
Spring onion few (to garnish)
Soya sauce 1 tsp
Pepper powder 1/4 tsp
Oil 2 tblsp + for deep frying
Salt to taste
Sugar 1/4 tsp
Green chili 1
Maida | all purpose flour 2 tblsp
Corn flour 2 tblsp
Red chili powder 1/4 tsp
- Wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes in 1 and 1/4 cup of water. Cook for 3 whistles by adding salt and a tsp of oil. Separate the grains and spread the rice in a wide plate and keep it aside.
- In a wide bowl put the all purpose flour, corn flour, red chili powder and salt. Add little water and mix this into a batter(dosa batter consistency) without any lumps.
- Wash the baby corn and put this in hot water and boil for 5 minutes. Take it out and drain the water and Slice the baby corn into medium size pieces. I cut them as shown in the pictures.
- Wipe the baby corn pieces well using a clean towel.
- Put the slit baby corn in the batter.
- Heat the oil for deep frying and start frying the baby corn in batches. Do not over crowd the pan. Keep it aside in a
- Finely chop the onions, garlic and green chili. Thinly slice the carrots and capsicum. I used red capsicum.
- In a pan add 2 tblsp of oil and add the finely chopped green chili, garlic and onion. Add the sugar to this. Cook in a medium flame till the onion becomes pink.
- Now add the fried baby corn and the chopped carrots and capsicum to this.
- Now add the little salt, pepper powder and soya sauce. Mix well.
- Add the cooked rice to this. Gently mix it up well.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Baby corn manchurian fried rice is ready to serve.
- You can add finely chopped cabbage to the rice while adding the carrots.
- Do not more soya sauce than the quantity mentioned.
- Ensure the rice is cooked perfect. Do not over cook the rice.