While closing the dough after keeping the sojji ball, do it carefully. Ensure it is properly sealed, else the filling will come out while frying.
2. Make the appams not too thick or very thin.
3. Fry in medium flame, too much hot oil will make the sojji not get cooked inside. If it is very low also it will not drink a lot of oil and become soggy.
4. If you do not add coconut, this can be stored at room temperature for a day.
5. Do not overload the oil pan, fry in batches.
6. You can roll the Sojji appam and cook in a tawa like poli.