Just before frying take out the sliced raw bananas from water and pat dry. Else the color will become dull.
2. After frying and draining the excess oil in the kitchen towel, a minute later transfer it to a air tight container. Repeat this for all the batches . If the chips stays outside till the entire batch gets over it will loose its crispiness.
3. For a healthy version you can bake it instead of frying.
4. In my in laws place the cook mami will take out the skin of the vazhakkai ( as we do for ripe banana) and directly slice them in the oil.
5. though i have seen that I never tried as i don't think i can bear the heat!!
6. Vazhakkai chips | raw banana chips tastes best with sambar rice