INGREDEINTS: FOR STUFFING : MAKES 11- 12 APPROX.
You can add the quantity of veggies as per you choice and availability.
|CAPSICUM (FINELY CHOPPED)||2 TBLSP|
|CORN KERNELS||A HAND FUL|
|GREEN PEAS||A HAND FUL|
|PANEER||5-6 SMALL CUBES|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|CUMIN SEED POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
INGREDIENTS FOR DOUGH and OTHER INGREDIENTS
|WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR |ATTA||1 AND 1/2 CUP|
|OIL||FOR MAKING PARATHAS|
- Cook the potatoes till soft and in a pan add water and boil the green peas, corn kernells(i used frozen), paneer cubes for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and drain the water and when it is cool, mash them nicely with the hands.
- In a wide bowl,add the mashed veggies and paneer, potato, grated carrot, red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin seed powder and salt.
- Mix them with your hands nicely. Make equal sized balls. Stuffing is ready for the paratha.
- Knead the wheat flour into a pliable dough with enough water and smear it with a tsp of oil and keep it covered for 10 minutes.
- Make them into equal sized balls.
- To make parathas take a ball of the dough and roll them into a small disc by dusting enough atta .
- Place the stuffing in the center and close it.
- dust with flour and roll them into a medium sized thick paratha.
- I always like parathas thick. If you want you can roll them thinly.
- Heat a tawa and when hot, place the rolled parathas on it and cook on both sides till it becomes golden brown. Repeat this for the rest of the dough.
- finely chopped cabbage and grated cauliflower can be added to this. If adding drain the water completely , which it oozes out.
- Prepare the stuffing just before you make the parathas. else the salt in that will ooze out water.
- If you feel the stuffing is watery by any chance, roast 2 tblsp of besan (kadalai maavu) in a pan and add it to the stuffing and mix well.
- Finely chopped coriander leaves can be added.
- Kasoori methi can also be added.