INGREDIENTS: SERVES 3 PREPARATION TIME: 5 MINUTES . COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
|SAMBAR POWDER | RASAM POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|THIN TAMARIND WATER||1 CUP|
|JEERA|CUMIN SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|GHEE | OIL||1/2 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- In a vessel put the tomatoes and nicely mash with hands. Add the tamarind water,sambar powder | rasam powder , salt . Bring this to a boil for few minutes.
- Pound the pepper and jeera in a mortar and pestle.
- Once the raw smell of the tamarind water goes add the pepper jeera powder and 1 and 1/4 cup of water.
- When it becomes frothy switch off the flame and temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves in ghee or oil.
- Pepper rasam is ready to serve. Just enjoy with a simple curry or a papad.