Baby Corn pulao is the one of the easiest one pot meal and can be packed for lunchbox too. Last week during the kids exam time, for a weeknight dinner i made this baby corn puloa as i find it very easy and it took less than 30 minutes to make this easy and super tasty pulao. the recipe was suggested by my friend few weeks back and kids enjoyed it so well and even we too. So lets move on the recipe of how to make baby corn pulao
- Soak the basmati rice for 10 minutes in 1 and 1/4 cup of water. Mean while wash and cut the baby corn into roundels. In a pressure cooker add oil and add the onions. Saute till it turns pink.
- Add the baby corn and saute for 2-3 minutes in low flame.
- Grind the coriander, garlic, green chilli and coconut into a very smooth paste.
- Add this to the baby corn and onion. Mix well to get the gound paste evenly coated.
- Add in the rice and add the salt. Add the water.
- Cover the cooker with the lid and pressure cook for a whistle and let it be in simmer for 5-7 minutes
- fluff it with a fork. Super yummy baby corn pulao is ready. Serve hot with any raitha of your choice.
- You can add green peas to this. Even carrots can also be added to make it colorful.
- Since coconut is added while grinding, no need to add coconut milk instead of water.