Corn and cheese is always a winning combo and i already posted corn cheese balls recipe but this corn cheese paratha i gave for Kungumam Thozi magazine. It got published in first week of March. Parathas will be in the lunch box menu of kids every week. Mostly i make aloo paratha or gobi paratha for them. When i made this one day for dinner both my kids loved it and requested to make the same for the lunch box too the next day. Liking a same dish by both kids is not easy at my home. I think moms with 2 grown up kids will vouch for it. Try this easy paratha recipe at home and i am sure your teenage kid or the little one will enjoy this corn cheese paratha.
Corn cheese paratha
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 30 Mins |Makes: 5
Sweet corn 1 (if using frozen take 1/2 cup)
Whole wheat flour|atta 1 cup
Grated cheese ( i used mozzarella) 1/2 cup
Milagai thool 3/4 tsp
Chaat masala 2 pinches
Salt to taste
Oil| butter to cook the parathas
- Cook the corn till soft and take out the corn kernels. You can use frozen corn too. If using frozen corn, just thaw this and cook in water for 5 minutes and drain the water completely.
- Pat dry them.
- Just pulse this in a mixie once.
- Add this to a wide bowl, add red chili powder, chaat masala, salt and cheese.
- Mix well.
- Take a lemon sized ball of chapathi dough.
- Roll this into a small disc and place a tblsp of filling in the center and cover the dough.
- Roll this into a paratha either thick or thin. Heat tawa on put the paratha on this.
- Cook till golden brown on both sides. Add little oil or butter to this when it becomes golden brown on both sides.
- Parathas are ready to serve. You can completely cool this and pack for your kids lunch box too.
- You can add finely chopped capsicum or grated carrots too while making the filling.
- Garam masala can be replaced with chaat masala.
- Oregano and red chili flakes can also be replaced with red chili powder and chaat masala to give a pizza flavour to the paratha.