no onion no garlic sundal recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins+ soaking time 10 hours | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Serves: 6
Channa | Chole | vellai konda kadalai 1/2 cup
Pomegranate 3 tblsp
Apple 1/4 portion
Carrot grated 2 tblsp
Salt to taste
Sev| boondi to Garnish
For green chutney
Coriander leaves a handful
Mint leaves a handful
Green chili 1
Salt to taste
Sugar 1/4 tsp
Jeera powder 1/4 tsp
Black salt 2 pinches
Chaat Masala 2 pinches
Lemon juice few drops
- Soak the chole overnight and boil it in pressure cooker for 5-6 whistles. Add little salt while cooking.
- Grind the ingredients given under the heading "Green Chutney".
- Do not add much water while making this chutney. Let this chutney me a fine paste and thick.
- Drain the water from the boiled Channa . Chop the apples finely. Grate the carrots and de seed the pomegranates .
- In a wide bowl add the cooked channa, grated carrots, pomegranates, chopped apples, green chutney(to taste).
- Mix well.
- Add sev or boondi just before serving. You can garnish with coriander leaves too.
- You can add finely chopped mangoes to the sundal.
- Quantity of fruits and veggies depends on your taste
- You can add finely chopped capsicum too.
- Boiled potatoes can also be added.
- Since during navaratri we have lot of fruits at home, you can add finely chopped pear too.
- Puffed rice can also be added but only thing it will be soggy as we keep it for a long .
- Even papdis can also be added to this chaat sundal.
- Boiled sweet corn can also be added.
- You can use black channa or rajma or peanuts too.
- A kind of mixed beans can also be used.