Normally we make this pachadi for the TAMILNEW YEAR and last time when i went to the market,i thought of making it before since we all love it . Manga pachadi is made with jaggery and raw mango. Check out my ripe mango pachadi too.Jaggery 1/2 cup (adjust acc to the sourness of the mango)
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4Raw mango pachadi
Raw mango 1 (medium sized)
Salt a pinch
Oil 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Red chili 1
- Peel the skin of the mango and cut it into thin slices.
- In a kadai put this mango slices and add 1/2 cup of water and a pinch of salt and cook the mangoes are soft.
- If u want the mango slices not to visible and get it mashed pressure cook the mango slices.
- Melt the jaggery in a pan by adding little water to it.
- Filter it and allow it to boil for 5 mins.
- Now add the cooked mango pieces and mix well and allow it to boil for 3-5 mins.
- Temper the mustard seeds and redchilli to it.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy it .
- We had for our dessert.
- In my mom’s place they have it as an accompaniment for curd rice.
AFTER MAKING IF YOU STILL FEEL IT IS NOT VERY SWEET,DON’T WORRY JUST ADD A TBLSP OF SUGAR TO IT AND MIX WELL.
IF THE CONSISTENCY IS WATERY, JUST ADD A TSP OF RICE FLOUR WITH A TBLSP OF WATER AND BRING A BOIL.