This garlic chutney is my all time favorite ,which i learnt from my mom. Somehow my husband and kids don’t like this garlic chutney,since it is bit spicy from the normal one i make. So i don’t make often at home. Few days back when i made idlis for dinner, i thought of making this one for me . I enjoyed this with hot idli and my family enjoyed idli with coconut chutney!!
|TAMARIND||1 SMALL GOOSEBERRY SIZE|
|SESAME OIL||2 TBLSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
- Peel the skin of garlic and shallots .
- Soak the tamarind in water for 10 minutes.
- Grind the garlic,shallots, tamarind,redchillies along with salt into a fine paste.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- In a small pan add sesame oil and add the mustard seeds.
- When it splutters ,switch off the flame and add curry leaves.
- Add it on the top of the chutney.
- Serve with dosa or idli.
- This time i had with idlis, but normally it will go great with dosa.