|LEMON JUICE||2 TBLSP|
|EVEREST MILK MASALA||A PINCH(OPTIONAL)|
|CARDAMOM POWDER||A PINCH|
|PISTACHIO||FEW (FOR GARNISHING)|
- Bring the milk to boil and once it is done simmer the flame and add the lemon juice.
- while adding the lemon juice dilute this with 1-2 tblsp of water.
- When the milk starts curdling and the water separates switch off the flame and immediately strain this in a muslin cloth and wash it nicely to get rid of the sour taste of lemon.
- Squeeze out the excess water. Now the fresh paneer is formed.
- Making it into a smooth dough by nicely kneading with your hands for 4-5 mins.
- Since in the original recipe it has given the option of doing this in a food processor, i put the paneer in the mixie along with sugar and milk masala powder. If using cardamom powder add at this stage.
- Run the mixie for few seconds. This will become smooth and become a paste. This may be watery, do not panic.
- Transfer this mixture to a pan and saute this nicely for 2 mins in a medium flame or till you reach the right consistency.
- Switch off the flame.
- Transfer this to a plate and knead well for a minute.
- At this stage when you make a ball, it should be made without any cracks.
- Go ahead of making equal sized balls and slightly flatten this.
- Garnish with pistachios.
This recipe yielded 8 sandesh. This can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days.